Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas Crunch!

Hi everyone!

It's getting down to crunch time for Christmas cards!  Less than a month to go!  November has flown by so fast.  I made a whack of Christmas cards to bring to sell at iDecor-n-Floor.  Most weekends we get beautiful big snowflakes falling so it's been the perfect atmosphere to hole up in the scrap room with a peppermint tea or perhaps a coffee and Bailey's.  Here is one of my favorite cards I came up with during my marathon card-making:



This card uses a retired stamp set called Patterned Pines - it was a hostess stamp set from a past Stampin' Up Holiday Mini catalogue.  It's one of my favorites though!  I stamped them in Pool Party on white cardstock then trimmed them out.  The base of the card is also Pool Party (Dear Stampin' Up: Please don't EVER EVER EVER retire this colour! I love it! Sincerely, me.). 

The back panel is the woodgrain patterned cardstock from the Naturals Composition pack.  It's such a neat and different cardstock!  It's basically like a dark 'kraft' colour and each piece features a different pattern of raised, clear embossing.  The woodgrain one I thought was suitable for pine trees!

I finished off this clean and simple card with a white embossed sentiment and a few rhinestones randomly on the trees. 

I think it's fresh and contemporary - it was a nice change from the traditional reds and greens of Christmas!

Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment