Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Swing Life Away

Hello friends!

Since getting engaged at the end of November, plus lots of family events over Christmas break, I'd been neglecting my stamping!  Lately I've stepped away from the wedding Pinterest board and gotten my hands inky again. 

Here is a cute little card I made up for a birthday - I love how nostalgic it feels. 
I used textured Very Vanilla cardstock to give an aged linen feel to the stamped image which is from the set Forever Young (which I felt fitting for a birthday card, no?). 

The background was done with the Woodgrain background stamp which is so very versatile!  It's probably my favorite background stamp ever!

I finished this simple card off with a Garden Green mat for the picture as well as some linen thread anchored with a lovely wooden designer button from Stampin' Up!. 
I love that this could be a lady's or man's card. 

Hey! In other news - I've began to use a different sort of packaging for my cards!  Before, it was fully sealed in a clear envelope - which was great for protecting them, but not so helpful for readability!  Now that I've discovered the wonderful Clear Bags company, I'm using their clear card jackets which keep the card fully protected on the outside, but allow the viewer to open it to read the sentiment inside with ease!  You can see them in action if you go check my cards out at iDecor'n'Floor. 

Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment