Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Flu's of Fall!

Hi everyone!


Sorry for the delay in not posting! I was really busy in the last half of September. I had a great time at my first card class with 8 wonderful gals. We made 6 awesome cards and had lots of fun. The rest of September was spent prepping for a tradeshow in a neighbouring town. It was my first time to this town for Stampin’ Up!, so it was great to meet new people and find new customers. A little boy was so excited to find a truck card for his grandpa, it was adorable.

Anyhow, I wanted to share a card today that is very current to what’s happening in my life! First of all, I absolutely LOVE fall; the colours, the crispy leaves, the chilled breeze, the excitement of oncoming holidays! But….while I’ve been lucky enough to avoid the seasonal coughs/colds/flus, many of my friends have gotten bugs and have been under the weather (even though the weather is unseasonally warm here! It’s like June!). This inspired me to make a get well card with a fall theme.

I used Soft Suede cardstock as a base for my card. I used the Leaves #2 die and my Big Shot to cut out different leaves in the colours of Pool Party, More Mustard and Soft Suede. These colours coordinate with the Spice Cake designer series paper that I used. To make the texture, you glue the leaves to the patterned paper panel then run the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Lattice embossing folder. It creates an inlaid embossing look. I anchored the panel to the base with 4 Mustard brads then added the “get well wishes” sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

I hope you and your families are not suffering any of these fall flus. It’s far too beautiful outside to be sick!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment