Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Don't hate me, but....

Hi everyone!

Just a spoiler alert... I will be posting a couple Christmas cards today!  I know, I know, it's still early, but don't hate me just yet!  Despite the fact the weather has been absurdly beautiful this October, the month is almost over.  Then comes November, then comes December!  I know that if you're like me, you'll have an insanely busy November and early December, so why not get those cards done now??  It will save you time in the long run and you'll be so proud you got them done early; saving time for more important things like visiting friends and family this coming season.

Here are a couple cards I made which will be featured in my November Christmas Card class (please contact me for more details). 

 This one features the Gifts of Christmas stamp set.  It was stamped in Versamark ink then sprinkled with silver embossing powder and heat set.  It was mounted on old Xmas patterned paper, but you can use any old stuff you have handy.  Then a sparkly knotted bow was added diagonally and anchored behind the patterned paper panel.  I also added 3 cute mini brads in the lower right corner.  Then the whole thing was mounted on a Not Quite Navy standard sized card panel.
This card uses an old hostess set called Patterned Pines - which is still one of my favorites! The trees are inked up with individual markers in Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Island Indigo (a new In Colour!).  I used 3 assorted silver brads to top the trees, then double matted the trees on Baja and Indigo paper leaving 1/8" border.  This fits perfectly into the frame created by the Tulip Border embossing folder which was used on the Chocolate Chip card base.



Hope you enjoyed a little sneak  peek at next class!  Best wishes on your Christmas crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment