Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My Big Fat Greek Wedding Card

Hi everyone!


I wanted to show you a custom card I made at the request of a lady I work with. She wanted a Greek style wedding card. I don’t know a whole lot about Greece, despite having visited there on a school trip. I do remember the beautiful blue of the ocean against the white of the shoreline houses though… So I jumped off from that for the inspiration on this card.  I ran into problems when I saw the vision of the card in my head, but realized I don’t even have the Lattice die that I would need! Luckily, my sweet friend Linda came through for me and saved the day by lending me hers {{thank you Linda!!}}.
I used her Lattice die with Whisper White cardstock through the Big Shot machine then adhered it to a Pacific Point card backing. The base of the card is also Pacific Point, but matted to 1/8” with White as well. I rolled Old Olive cardstock through the Big Shot twice with our Little Leaves Sizzlit diecut. I cut the leaves a bit to space them out more on the bottom of the card. Then I punched a bunch of tiny Always Artichoke dots using the Cupcake builder punch. These are my olives on the olive branches!! I have no idea if they realistically resemble an olive or not, but I think the Greek newlyweds will get it!

The card is finished off with the “congrats” sentiment from the Tagtastic hostess set.


I also wanted to show something else I’ve been working on….My new kick is BOOKMARKS! You can get one done super fast and feel really good that you’ve accomplished something. That feeling is few and far between for me lately. I just feel so busy and guilty that I’m neglecting my stamping stuff. But you can bust one of these out in less than 15 minutes, so it makes you feel great!!!
This one was made by cutting our DSP cardboard packaging insert down to 8” by 2.5”. Then I covered it with Baja Breeze cardstock. I stamped a few different images from the Artistic Etchings set all over both sides. Then I adhered some retired black jewels that I’ve been hoarding since last Halloween. I sponged the edges with grey and a bit of black. I punched a hole near the top, set a jumbo eyelet in it for strength then tied some Pool Party ruffled ribbon and other thin black ribbon through.

Hope you liked these things and hope you can find a spare 15 minutes to try your hand at a bookmark!

(P.S.  Yes, Clive Barker is one of my favorite authors!  I will read anything by him, as well as by Lee Child!)

No comments:

Post a Comment