Friday, August 12, 2011

August Promo & "Let's Party" Pants!


Hi everyone!

I wanted to show you a couple cards today (for different reasons). The first one I made for my Grandma’s birthday.


It uses Perfect Plum for a base and then a layer of the retired Botanical Gazette DSP. I stamped my new favorite (yep, I have a new fave every time you talk to me!) image from the set Field Flowers. It’s a 2-step stamper but really easy to use and forgiving – you don’t even need the Stamp-a-ma-jig positioner. I stamped the flower heads in Perfect Plum and Concord Crush for a darker accent. The middle of the flowers is More Mustard with Soft Suede accents. I finished it off the image panel with some distressing, tearing and sponging. Then I adhered 3 gorgeous little pearls at the top and a knot of Chantilly lace across the bottom. My Grandma loved it and called it a masterpiece (she may be biased though!).




The next thing I wanted to talk about (and show you what you can do with) is our August promo! It’s great – I was ecstatic when SU announced it… For the month of August, when you buy 3 packs of Designer Series Paper (DSP) you will get a 4th for free! That’s a $13.50 value! And it means you can stock up on your favorites. Or get one of everything. Or like me, get 2 of everything – then you can reserve one pack for scrapbooking and one pack for cards.

Don’t be afraid to cut up that 12x12 paper – it’s not just for scrapbooking. Here’s a cute card I made using the new Domestic Goddess DSP.

I selected a chunk that would show the clothes on the line. After cutting out the appropriate piece of DSP, I carefully covered the pants image with Tombow liquid glue then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I got the “Let’s party” by colouring just the 2 required words on the birthday stamp from Occasional Quotes. I did the “party” with the old Jumble Alphabet set and used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure perfect placement. I anchored one of the new In Colour Designer Print Brads in Calypso Coral in the bottom corner.


It’s an eye-catching and humourous birthday card for that special friend that always seems to have their Party Pants on!

Hope you like!

P.S. Contact me today to take advantage of the Buy 3 Get 1 Free DSP sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment