Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sweet Floral is my New Favorite!

Hi everyone!

Hope this beautiful summer day finds you well...it's so nice out here today.  I just wanted to share a quick card before I'm off to go swim at my friend's pool. 

This background stamp is one of the new ones that made an appearance July 1st with the new catalogue release. It's called Sweet Floral and it is so elegant. 

Here I've made the card base from Blushing Bride cardstock.  Then inked up the Sweet Floral stamp with Staz On black ink and stamped on vellum.  It's very important to use Staz On when stamping on vellum or other less porous surfaces so it won't smudge.  Once the ink dried, I flipped over the vellum piece and simply used Stampin' Write Markers to colour it from behind.  Then the vellum was attached to a same-sized piece of retired Night & Day DSP.  Instead of using my special invisible vellum glue, I just used a mini brad in each corner to adhere the layers. 

The sentiment is from the Hostess only set "Tagtastic".  It goes great with punches of course! 

Hope you liked it!  Oh, and one more thing before I go.  I wanted to introduce my blog helper...
Her name is Kitty Kitty or KiKi for short.  I think she's actually more of a hinderance than a help since I have to type all this stuff one handed. 

But she loves hanging out with me at the computer so I feel bad to kick her off.

Bye everyone!

From Charlene & KiKi

No comments:

Post a Comment