Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I Got The Vintage Blues!

Don't worry - the Vintage Blues are actually a good thing!  I've been playing around a lot with the new colour Marina Mist.  I love how it goes with every neutral colour out there - especially Crumb Cake.  I used that colour pair in the card to the left - I think it turned out well, it somehow reminds me of antique china patterns.  
I used a flower stamp from the set Embrace Life to make the pattern on the Crumb Cake panel.  It was then shaded in slightly with Marina Mist ink and a blender pen.  {NOTE: Blender pens are the most awesome invention in the history of Stampin' Up!  You NEED them.}  The sentiment is from an old hostess set called A Little Somethin'.  I added some Very Vanilla corners, brads, satin ribbon and a Hodgepodge Hardware ribbon slide.





  Now this next card {aren't you lucky? Getting 2 today!} uses Marina Mist background as well, but it has been dry embossed using the Big Shot machine {another Must Have} and the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder.  The text paper is from the Newsprint line.  I embellisheed with some Marina Mist satin ribbon, the new Chantilly Lace ribbon, and a tiny safety pin from the new Vintage Trinkets.  The crown and medallion images are both stamps from the Artistic Etchings set.  The "thank you" and small flower are from the new hostess set "Because I Care".  Finally, a gorgeous, distressed brad from the Vintage Brads.  I also sponged a little brown ink over the raised embossing, just to give a little weathered feel. 

I hope you're feeling the vintage blues too! 

3 comments:

  1. Your work makes me fall in love with the whole vintage style.. Thanks so much for sharing your talent. So happy I found your blog.. You have great ideas!

    Take good care, Pauline

    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pauline, that's really sweet! This is my 1st foray into the world of blogs, so I'm glad you like it! I am off to check yours out now :)

    ReplyDelete