Monday, February 28, 2011

Bliss Bliss Bliss!!!!

Hi everyone!

Tonight's card is truly elegant - thanks to the work of everyone's new favorite stamp set: Bliss.  Seriously, it's been super popular since it came out. 

Part of its popularity likely stems from the fact it's FREE!  It's one of the Sale-a-Bration stamps that you can earn for free with your purchase of $60 or party of $395. 

The background of this card is stamped using the flourish from Bliss repeatedly in the same colour ink as the cardstock (Close to Cocoa).  It gives a nice "watermarked" tone-on-tone look.

The scallop is from a Big Shot die and after cutting, I spritzed it with water and crumpled it up to age / distress it.  The "Thinking of You" sentiment is from Bird on a Branch.

Possibly my favorite part about this card is the embellishments.  The vintage Victoria lace was the perfect addition to the top of the card.  It is all finished off with one of my very favorite new things in the Occasions Mini - "Vintage Flower Adornments".  They come in Rose Red, Baja Breeze & Very Vanilla and they are so cute I wish I could wear them!  Oh well, my cards like wearing them too!  ;)

That's all for tonight!  Hope you like :) 



SAB ends March 31st, so if you'd like to get your hands on Bliss, better act fast!

2 comments:

  1. This cards is great. I think Im going to have to place another order and grab this set. I really have seen some absolutely beautiful creations with it and yours is no different. TFS! Following you from SC.

    Belinda
    http://studiobeedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the crinkled scalloped circle...gonna have to try that one! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete